Friday 31 January 2014

Edible Lavender

I think lavender is such a health-friendly flower. It's very beneficial for health and traditionally its extracts are composed into lavender oil. Nowadays, you can find a lot of skincare products enriched with lavender, whether it's because of the unique fragrance or the health benefits.

If you love the smell of lavender, you might not know that lavender can be edible too! In countries where the flowers are native, lavender is made into cakes, breads, pies, pudding and even ice-cream! Alternatively, lavender can also be brewed into tea. 

Some delicious examples...

Lavender cheesecake with blueberry 
Lavender flourless cupcake (low-calorie)

Lavender shortbread
Lavender and honey raw cheese cake

A cup of lavender tea

Expect it to taste herbal and perfume-like (I guess). I absolutely never try to eat anything made from lavender since the flowers don't grow in where I'm living (Southeast Asia), but if I have a chance I definitely will try so I can describe how it exactly tastes! 



1 comment:

  1. I love lavender! :D I like the way it smells and it's beneficial. The lavender flowers are pretty too.
    But I never thought about eating lavender! :))
    Anyway, good blog! :D

    ReplyDelete