Thursday 27 February 2014

PHB Rosemary & Lavender body care review


Few weeks ago, my eczema was flaring up and I was running out of doctor's medicine. Well, I could just go to the clinic and seek a dermatologist again, but I preferred to treat it with something natural (as always). I read that lavender is great for eczema and I was so eager to try restoring body set duo from Pure Ethical Beauty, which consists of body wash and body lotion in pair, made from rosemary and lavender as active ingredients.


It is recommended by the PHB themselves that this restoring body line is good for those who suffer from eczema and psoriasis. 

side view.


Back view.

The packaging
Let me start with the 'outer look' first. They are packaged in elegant and slim bottles, which for me are very convenient with each 250 ml body wash and lotion. The closures are in pump type (you know, like typical spray mist bottle), and they can be locked when not in use, so it's pretty hygienic when I apply the product onto my skin. I also love the soft purple colour that distinct this line from others, most probably because it marks the colour of lavender flower ♥

The products
Since they contain no "heavy" chemicals (like all PHB products), I don't expect them to be strong smelling. The lavender fragrant is subtle, but it is the nicest part of the products :) however, if you're used to fancy-fragrant lotions and body wash, they might not come to your liking. For the body wash, it has little to no foam since it does not contain SLS, but I must say it is very effective to wash away the grease immediately. While for the body lotion, it absorbs quickly and it feels light on my skin... The beauty of organic skincare products :)

The results? I knew I had to be patient, so I didn't expect they would calm my eczema overnight. But with the right diet, developed healthier lifestyle while using these set, just after two weeks of using my skin was improved. And like every organic product (unless you have allergy), I suffered no side effects, unlike when I was taking doctor's medicine. Oh I could also apply them over and over again as I wished when my eczema was dry, without worrying the lotion would irritate my skin.

I hope they won't discontinue these set!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment