Monday 15 July 2013

July Haul! Sariayu + Mustika Ratu

Just bought some local beauty products, and I really want to write reviews of them, which mainly consist of...


 Sariayu products, and one Mustika Ratu product that I'm just trying now!

From left to right:
1 Acne face mask
2 Acne care lotion
3 (i) front: (small bottle) Breast firming massage oil
3 (ii) back: breast mask
4 (i) back: Mustika Ratu olive oil
4 (ii) Lulur kencana body soap
4 (iii) [White Aromatic] Harmony body lotion

Actually at first, I went to a nearest Sariayu counter only to buy essential items because they're running out soon: my face mask and acne care lotion, but turned out that I used the chance to buy some new products!

Let's start with the essentials first, before I begin reviewing the newly-tried products. Please note that that both  Sariayu and Mustika Ratu use traditional ingredients a lot in their skincare products, so if you're non-Indonesian, bear with me if you find a lot of strange names in my reviews below. Now let's get ready for another long post! 
1. Sariayu Masker Jerawat (facial mask for acne)
This is how the exact packaging colour look like: beige with patterns of soft pink and very, very light green. Pretty, right? Perhaps this is what people nowadays called nude colours, haha! Oh, by the way; this is actually the old packaging. The new one looks like this:
Sorry if it's too small, haha! Picture taken from Sariayu website... I know Sariayu did a total change to their product packaging since last 2 years, but I haven't found any of the Martha Tilaar counters here selling the facial acne mask in this new green package. 

This mask contains Centella leaves that traditionally known to fight acne (in fact, Sariayu uses Centella leaves in all of their acne care products!) and Betel leaves.

How the mask looks like? To be honest; I'm a lazy beauty blogger when it comes to take out some tiny amount of the products onto my hand and capture it with camera. Why? Because if it's just for a review, personally I feel like it's a waste unless I'm going to use the products just after I capture it.

Anyway, although they claim this as a cream mask but actually this is a liquid mask. It's a bit watery, and when I put it on my palm, the mask will spill when I move my hand. So yes, it's a liquid mask because if it's really a cream, it won't easily running out of place. About the texture, it has concentrated texture like that of a liquid foundation, and even the colour is like a foundation (beige, like the packaging colour). 

I'm using this mask once a week. I usually put it in a small pot first, and apply it on my face using a mask brush. Few minutes later, the texture will get hardened, and after 15 or 20 minutes I rinse it with warm water :)
Plus points:
This mask dries up pimples quickly! It also works with cysts. Also suitable for oily skin... My face has been free from pimples for some time, but I still using this facial mask since it controls the sebum very well, avoid acne and it claims can help fading acne scars. It also has nice, not overpowering smell.  I've tried facial mask from other brands, but I always go back to this one. Surely it's the best facial mask for my skin. And it's cheap! 
Minus points:
Haha, only the packaging. But this is subjective. I love the old packaging simply because it looks vintage, although I know it will be running out from the stores sooner or later.  Sure, the new one looks more modern and nicer, but still I like the old more more.

 2. Sariayu lotion jerawat (acne lotion)

This is full packaging before I opened the top (I threw it, because I find it useless). Actually, I'm not sure what substance category this product belongs too. In fact, I don't understand why they name this as lotion. All I know, a lotion is creamy-like substance that at least there's one oil in it's ingredients. This product has none!

Just like the acne mask, this also contains Centella leaves, with sulphur, camphor and menthol. Phew, can you imagine the tingly fresh feeling?

I think, this is more likely an acne healing toner for blemished skin. I apply it after I wash my face. Otherwise, I apply after I cleanse and tone my face (but never use this as normal toner! This is not made to wipe off your cleanser leftover on your face). Best use when I'm not going out from home, because if I put moisturiser after I applying this, the product gets peeled off your face . It feels so messy and very non-practical! Yes, it takes time to absorb into my skin.

To give you idea on how the substance looks like, let me show you the old product package:

You can see from the transparent bottle, it is peachy pink liquid, and the colour gets lighter at the bottom. The ligher pink colour is actually the accumulation of sulphur, that is crushed into powder. It's actually yellow in colour, just like this:
Since the content is uneven, so I have to shake the bottle first before applying. I have to, because what makes this product effective is the sulphur content. 

Plus points:
Affordable price, and it's really effective. Believe it or not, I've been using this since I was 11 (already 10 years, wow!). My puberty was just started around that age, so I got pimples here and there on my face, and my mom suggested me to use this, because she's using it too! There was a minty fresh feeling, but at the same time I got stinging sensation that I thought it burnt my face, but that's when the substance starts to fight the acne! And nope, my face didn't gone red, thankfully, which meant my skin didn't get sensitive to this product!

Now after years of using, I no longer feel the tingly, stinging sensation (my skin gets used to it, yeay!), only the minty fresh feeling (it's the sulphur, actually :). It heals the acne quickly, and even if the acne already goes away, I'm still using it to fade the blemishes or acne scars. This can be used as spot-treatment (use cotton bud to apply it precisely), or all over the face. Oh, it controls sebum too. Now you see why I call it acne healing toner :)

Minus points:
I like the new flip-top packaging, it makes the product more practical. However, I found the top cap so useless. When I first bought it in new packaging, it looked like a shampoo. The top cap is so high that it fools you this product comes with extra amount than the old packaging, but they're actually just the same (100 ml).

And the product name; it would be better if Sariayu change it, because it can be confusing. This is not a lotion at all!

Although it will leave no blemish if you apply it on acne, but it works very slowly with old acne scars. I still treat my old acne scars with this, (the ones where I used to heal the acne using other products) 
but it takes time for the skin to completely regenerate. And also, unfortunately this is only suitable for small pimples, not cysts.

Last but not least... I don't recommend it for people with sensitive skin, because it might irritate or burnt your skin :/ 

3. Sariayu Breast Treatment
(firm breast elixir + breast mask)
This couple is a good start for breast care: the breast massage oil will work best with the breast mask.

i. Mujizat Kencang Payudara (Firm Breast Elixir)
Firstly, the Firm Breast Elixir (that's the closest English translation -.-). It's a massage oil for breasts, made of olive oil, jasmine extract and the magic ingredient: the squalene oil from softshell turtle (we call it bulus in Indonesian). What, turtle? I was in doubt when I bought it, but I want to give a try, because this elixir is quite popular, and for generations, Indonesians know the intimate secret of softshell turtle oil for your body *grin* 
For women, it avoids wrinkles on breasts, makes them firmer so it enhances the natural beautiful shape, and regulates the blood flow around your breasts. 

I thought this oil is only suitable for mature women, but it's not! Young ladies can start using this too, especially if your size is big, to avoid saggy breasts in the future. I use this regularly every night, before I go to sleep (it's a good timing, you know; to have a massage before you sleep, because as your body rests, the elixir works much better). This can be used before applying the breast mask, but I prefer not, because I don't want to wait for it to absorb into my skin, haha!

Plus points:
Since it's processed by a big, legendary brand (i.e Sariayu!), so I'm not worried about the hygiene. I think the olive oil is exceeding the turtle oil, because it says this elixir only contains 15% of turtle oil.  The jasmine extract gives an aromatherapy effect, and definitely this is much better than traditional turtle oil (the traditional one has fishy smell. Euw, haha!).

Minus points:
Might be a little pricey for 25 ml content... I got this for $9.20. It is surely effective, but if you're an animal lover, a vegan or just a fan of organic products, most probably you won't ever try this oil. 

ii. Masker Payudara (Breast mask)
This is a powder mask that comes in two plastics, each contains different ingredients, and comes with different colours: green and white, separately. Contains rice starch, areca seed extract, palm lily and other traditional ingredients.

The preparation is exactly like making a home-made mask. According to the instruction, I have to mix the powders with rose water, but I don't have any so I'm using warm water instead -- then make it into pastes. Separately, of course. Firstly, the green mask first and on top of that, the white one. I applied them using brush, and avoided the nipple areas. While waiting for the mask to dry up, I covered the nipple areas with wet cottons. Just like facial mask, this is only for once a week use.

So as you can see from the picture above. I put the green and white masks separately, and mixed them with warm water. The green mask really smells and looks like a jamu. The white one smells rather powdery.

However there are more minus points than plus points. I like that this mask is sold in cheap price ($2.80) but it really takes patience to apply. The preparation is so ritualistic. Some people don't like to make homemade pastes/scrubs because you gotta do it manually. The same goes with this mask. With two separated contents, it's even more impractical! I have to patiently mix the powders with rose/warm water until it really turns into pastes, otherwise the mask won't properly stay on my skin. It can be messy too, that it's better if you ask someone else to help applying this mask. And although it says to wait for the mask 10 - 15 minutes before rinsing it off, in truth it takes longer time to completely dries up. 

Last words about this, I don't think I'll repurchase this again. 

 4 Mustika Ratu Olive Oil,
Lulur Kencana body soap and Harmony body lotion

I bought these three because I want to follow the Sariayu home spa regime.
It says, "Create the tenderness of SPA in your home"

And because of this purpose, I want to write the review in a different page.

2 comments:

  1. Do you know if the payudara mask has parabens? Thanks! It's very hard to find an ingredients list for Sariayu products on the internet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? No I didn't... But I won't repurchase the breast mask again. The hate the inconvenient application :D

      Delete