Monday 15 July 2013

Home Spa Treatments [à la Sariayu]

Last month, I got Sariayu body scrub as a free gift (with other 2 Martha Tilaar items):


The pink one -- it's actually a body scrub for Sariayu Beauty Spa product range. I show you the catalogue:

[take a look here for a complete Sariayu spa products]

So I thought, why not I buy along the other spa products and try the regimen?  I need another 4 stuffs. Now I already got:

The 3 new items I just recently bought: Harmony body lotion, Mustika Ratu olive oil, Lulur Kencana soap and Tanjung (bullet wood flower) body splash cologne that has been on my grooming table for some time.

First of all, I just knew that Sariayu has a guideline video for this DIY spa:


Bear in mind that I don't completely buy the products shown in the catalogue, and neither I really follow the steps shown in the video; you can actually do your own spa with different brands (which is why it doesn't matter that I bought Mustika Ratu olive oil, hehe) because for a complete spa regimen à la Sariayu, you only need these 5 items:

• a body scrub
• a body soap
• body lotion
• body mist/body cologne
• body massage oil

Now let's proceed to the reviews!

1 Sariayu Harmony body lotion
I love the smell! This is a peppermint lotion, with a tint of sandalwood notes. It's very aromatic. More plus points, it has SPF and claims to brighten skin.

2 Mustika Ratu Olive Oil
Unlike most olive oils, this one comes in clear colour. I picked this over Sariayu olive oil because it's cheaper and for me it smells much nicer. My aunt used to use this for massage and this is the most nice-smelling massage oil I ever found! Plus, I love the transparent bottle, and what's cute: there are a few of dried olive fruits inside!



To show you that they are real dried olives:  

I turned the bottle upside down and they moved from the bottom to the top! Very unique, isn't it? Hehe...

 According to the spa regime guide, I have to massage before I wash my body with the soap. But it always takes time for the oil to absorb into skin, and I don't like to wait. So without skipping any spa steps from the guidelines, I prefer to do a self-massage at night, then do the rest of the treatments in the next morning. I prefer that way.

Lulur Kencana body soap

Comes in a cube with a beautiful carving. ♥

Lulur literally means 'scrub', but this is a body soap, so I think... Perhaps the ingredients used to be traditionally made into a specific body scrub called 'Kencana', that's why they name it as "lulur kencana". It is enriched with the fragrant of vetiverand in my own opinion it's smell earthy than herbal. Plus, this soap contains no SLS or Paraben!

[read one of my reviews that explain about how Indonesians traditionally makes body scrub, here]

Okay, I admit it's been years since the last time I used a body soap (I'm a shower gel person, hehe). I use this soap after I scrub my body, and voila! It really helps to strip off the particles faster and cleanse my skin quickly!

4 Sariayu Bullet Wood Flower body splash cologne


The only Sariayu body cologne, composed of  Bullet wood flower, or known as Tanjung in Indonesian. This is the last step in the spa regimen, and it's optional, but I never miss to put this on. I just love the feminine smell! 


If you notice, I'm sorry if you found I didn't review the items accordingly to the spa regimen (i.e which one should be used first) but you already know it. :) anyway, I'm just going to include one more essential product in the treatment, which is:

The pink body scrub I'm currently using! It is Sariayu red algae brightening body scrub. Contains langsat fruits as main ingredient, and red algae.


This is how the scrub looks like. It's enriched rose essential oil and red algae extract, that's why the colour is pinkish white. The scrub absorbs pretty fast before I rinse it off! This might be ideal for a daily scrub because the particles are quite gentle on your skin, but I prefer not to put it everyday :)

According to the spa guidelines, I should wipe the scrub off my body using a towel soaked in a warm water. Towel? Why? It's too avoid washing your body twice, because you ought to put massage oil after scrubbing, then you'll wash your body after that. 

But I skip this step because the scrub won't completely rinsed off with a wet towel. When I scrub my body, I do it evenly from neck to the back of my feet, and need to take shower to totally rinse it off. That's why earlier I've written, I prefer to massage at night, as the first step in my spa treatments.

My last thoughts:
With the spa regimen introduced by Sariayu, it proves that you can do a home spa by your own. It's great that these products have affordable prices, and I don't have to spend much bucks for a home spa. Plus, you can choose, mix and match different fragrances in your own spa treatments to your liking (but preferably, use products that has aromatherapy, for a real spa sensation :)

I'm using 5 products with 5 different smells, from body scrub to cologne, and when I'm done the final step (putting on the cologne), it feels as if I've combined various fragrant notes to smell like that! :))

So I hope you find this article useful. Thanks for reading! 
---


All photographs are copyrighted ©Vienna,  do not use without crediting me 
except the body cologne and body scrub images (taken from the official website)

No comments:

Post a Comment