Wednesday 5 September 2012

Dreams Unlimited fragrance review

Dreams Unlimited is a fragrance by The Body Shop launched in 2010. I just had my try on this fragrance when I got a free 1.8 ml sample from one of the stores. Here it is:



(if you notice there's a torn on the paper, that's because I had to re-take the photo after some months using this perfume, because the old photo couldn't load in this entry...)

Okay... So, according to The Body Shop,
"Inspired by life's endless possibilities," the fragrance consists of citrus and green chilli (top notes), "delicate white flowers and aquatic notes" (middle notes) and soft cedarwood (base notes). I'm not really a perfume collector nor a perfume expert so I can't guess what those delicate flowers or aquatic notes are :p

My first impression on wearing this perfume was... Exotic. I think it's just quite rare to add green chili as a perfume note. I can't tell, either I love it or not, but I simply like the nuance of the smell. I believe the description, because I smell something aquatic! It's not overpowering and it smells fresh (:

However, this is such a subtle fragrant that it doesn't last longer, like... It only stays on my skin for 1 hour. Personally I think the overall smell of the whole notes doesn't really match the concept The Body Shop brought onto this perfume. I thought "inspired by the life's endless possibilities" needs to be something bold? The concept itself sounds something daring for me!

Also, I purchased the body butter!
Maybe if I apply this before the perfume, it can help the perfume last longer. But I love the smell of the body butter more! It smells sharper than the perfume itself :D it's thick, moisturised my skin well, even the driest part of my skin, and the fragrant last longer (:

But too bad, when I wanted to repurchase, it's running out of stock here... Oh at least I still keep some mil-liters of  the perfume!

Dreams Unlimited, the complete collection


No comments:

Post a Comment