Saturday 30 June 2012

The Body Shop White Gardenia body cream review!

This is what I bought in last April:

The Body Shop limited edition White Gardenia Body Cream.

From the old limited edition, White Gardenia

A beautiful fragrance The Body Shop ever created ♥

Apparently it had been released out back in 2007. I think there is no more stock for this range in most The Body Shop stores around the world. Also available in perfume and body mist, but since I'm not into anything sprayed onto the body, so the body moisturiser form is just a perfect one for me! =)

Strangely, when I tried to look up on the net for a review, I don't found any beauty blog that posted about this body cream, except on the review page on The Body Shop USA. Hmm... I wonder why it is. It's not a bad product, for me it's one of the nicest scents that The Body Shop ever created. Really ♥

I LOVE the smell! It's a nice flowery smell but it's not strong. Very feminine. It's also soothing... I can have a deep night sleep when I apply this on my skin before I go to bed. What I feel about the scent is exactly described in the notes they printed at the backside of the cover:

Made with PASS!ON

Beautiful, feminine and exotically fragranced, the blooming gardenia is the inspiration behind our luxurious scent White Gardenia. We've combined its dreamy essence with sweet floral notes of lotus flower and heady musk to create a fresh luminous fragrance that's blissfully enticing.

White Gardenia - The dreamy fragrance


Lotus! Oh my god, this is the first time I'm using a beauty product that contains lotus.
I like that flower =)

...I wonder if this is really a recent limited edition from The Body Shop, because the smell kinda remind me of the perfume my primary teacher used to wear. Although it's been a long time ago (circa 2002) but I remember the delicate smell is almost similar! And my teacher bought her perfume from The Body Shop as well =)

But hmm, nevermind I'm glad I had chose what I bought wisely! I'm considering to buy the perfume too, as long as they still have the stock here =)

The texture is thick and creamy, hence the name! Since the texture is thick, I just apply it a little on my skin, just in a very little amount and the body cream already works wonder; otherwise if I put it too much, my skin became greasy as the body cream doesn't 'sink' well under my skin, hahaha!
Also, The Body Shop never claimed this as a whitening product, I notice a visible brighter skin tone after two months using it! Yes, I'm being honest, because as long as I haven't finish this one, I don't use any whitening skincare product, be it in bath or in other body moisturiser. 
With my little knowledge in herbalism, I checked out the ingredients, and wow -- apparently it contains wonderful stuffs that work as skin softener and brightener.

Some of the skin softening ingredients include:

Babassu oil (has same properties like coconut oil)
Olive oil
Lanolin (the key ingredient used in Nivea cream, that makes it known as the World's best skin moisturiser)
Cocoa butter
Shea butter

While some of the skin brightening ingredients:

• Babassu and olive oil (yes, these two can be both as skin softening and skin brightening!)
Citric acid (perhaps extracted from lemons. Lemons have skin brightening properties too)


Also,  this new body cream will going to replace my current body butter:



 I used from olive (zaitun) extracts from Mustika Ratu. It also has a memory! Although Mustika Ratu products are also distributed outside Indonesia, but I bought the olive body butter in Bandung when I spent my holiday in last December there, and the weather was cold at that time. It's one of the BEST olive scents in a body butter I ever found, and up until now it's incomparable.

But the White Gardenia body cream also has its very own feminine specialty, and makes your skin beautiful as well. Best use after morning bath to make you fresher, and before the overnight sleep. I rate this 5 out of 5, and totally didn't regret of purchasing it and have a try of this limited product ♥ 


No comments:

Post a Comment