Friday 30 March 2012

Gifts and Product-tests from The Body Shop beauty workshop!


Last Friday, a girl friend and I attended a one-day beauty workshop organised by The Body Shop. It was a wonderful experience!

As you can see in the photo above, each of us were provided makeup brushes, sponges, towels, a bowl of water, mirror, tissue and cottons in each plastic and a headband. As for the products tried during the workshop, we shared the same packaging, except for the makeup part 'cause it had to suit with our own skin colour and choice =D

So, after the participants' brief introduction, the beauty expert explained us about the human skin and its characteristics, continued by the introduction of the product ranges offered by The Body Shop. Then, she moved on about skin care and the proper use of the regime, i.e from cleansing to moisturising.

Alas that was the basic things that most people might not know... The importance of cleansing, and how to cleanse properly, and I was mistaken by the info I got from the internet: we were taught to use face-wash after that to double cleanse our face. I thought it's just cleansing and toning... Hahaha =p



We used the skincare range from the seaweed series, including the cleanser, facial wash, exfoliator, mask toner and moisturiser. Then we had a privilage of trying the cosmetics! We're also had a choice to choose the colours that suit with us...



Me after wearing The Body Shop makeups (I think I had a crooked smile... Lol).

I was kinda proud because I did it by myself. I know we were being guided by the beauty expert on how to do it, but I mean, it showed that we could also apply the cosmetics with our own hands perfectly like makeup artists!

Once the class dismissed, this was the happiest part! We were given a couple cute gifts: cleanser and toner from two The Body Shop lines. (For free! I seriously didn't expect this... A cheap fee ($8 only!) for a 3 ½ hour one-day beauty workshop PLUS special gifts for the participants...) They are mini size bottles of vitamin E cleanser (pink one) and tea tree toner.

I thought a perfect cleanser and toner must come from the same product formula, but since it was the beauty expert herself gave these, I think it's okay to try. The vitamin E cleanser smells nice, contains soya oil and shea butter. While the tea tree (it was my first time use a tea-tree skincare product), it smells something like... Cajuput oil.  It's an oil commonly sold in Indonesian, use to cure insect bites or as a massage oil. So yeah, I just knew tea tree smells so traditional. I suddenly reminded of my childhood days whenever I was bitten by a mosquito my mom always put the oil on, haha!

And because I was volunteered as the model during the workshop, the beauty expert Mrs Marina herself gave me another cute gift, only for me:


It's a lip gloss! I guess it's because the beauty expert noticed my chapped lips, so she gave me this to treat it (aww). It's so tiny that I can securely sandwiched it between my point finger and thumb! It's in orange colour... And it smells like fruit. I guess it must be the juicy peach flavour. I love the glossy effect when I wear it

I also bought something from my wish list:

[image]
Lip balm from one of The Body Shop limited edition 'Spiced Vanilla'. Bought for $8+. I'm lucky they still sell it, because in some countries this collection is not available anymore (it's even stated on the UK website). I had always been curious to buy the lip balm, mainly because of the artistic packaging design. But when I opened the lip balm... I just knew how it exactly smells. It's exotic but it's too strong and sweet at the same time for me, 'cause of the mixture of spices + vanilla. Also for skincare I don't really go for anything that is usually sweetened in food (like chocolate and coffee. They're a new craze in makeup and skincare!). Haha, but at least I now have the nice package, although I won't buy the other products from this series =)

Anyway, THANK YOU SO MUCH for the gifts The Body Shop! Imagine how much I've to pay if I buy those stuffs with my own money... They had been VERY generous, and it really made my day and left me happier for days! (even until today, lol!). What a good mood for the beginning of April... I hope I can stay positive like this for months ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment