Saturday 5 January 2013

The Body Shop Moringa Gift Cube review // about the moringa plant


Bought this last December during Christmas sale! There was a 30% discount for purchasing any packaged stuffs, and I picked this one up, plus -- I wanted to try the moring flavour because I've discovered that it has many benefits for skin, and health in overall.

So, just like any other cube packaged products in The Body Shop, this lovely box consists of mini shower gel, milk lotion and a bath lily. There's nothing change in what it consists, only the box colours, and due to the Christmas festival The Body Shop made over the box appearance with new yellow and tiny white snowflake pattern! ♥

some closer looks inside...

An eco-friendly message on the box, just as I opened it.


Ta da! So this is the downward view inside the box: two mini sized bottles of 30 ml shower gel and 60 ml lotion and yellow bath lily.


The 30 ml mini shower gel and 60 ml milk body lotion (you can see the description behind through the transparent shower gel!). I was expecting these bottles coming with the new packaging as well, but apparently there are still lots of mini bottles with old packaging design that are not sold yet :D

The new bottle packaging design, looking simpler but nicer:

So how are the products?

This is the first time I'm using body care products from moringa plant, and I suppose the one in these products are from the moringa flower (according to the picture :D). I got to say I LOVE the smell! It's something like gardenia, very floral, sweet and fresh; smells very rejuvenating and the best part is, it's long-lasting.

For the shower gel, I don't mind to repurchase it in a bigger size. But I don't really like to use the milk lotion, the texture is watery! I feel it doesn't quickly absorb into my skin. As an alternative, I prefer the moringa body butter instead :)

I love the smell so much that I'm thinking to purchase the moringa body mist or eau de toilette next time!





Some brief info about moringa plants... I thought this is something exotic that I can't find anywhere in my country, but my assumption was totally wrong when I researched about moringa. The plant is very familiar within Asia, including in the South East parts. It's also known as (leaf) daun or (flower) bunga kelor in Western Java, Indonesia. And I thought it's a recent Western scientific research that moringa has many health benefits, apparently the Indonesians have used it since ancient times!

Moringa plants contain high vitamin A, C, Iron, Potassium, Calcium and Magnesium -- all of them are crucial substances for our health needs What's interesting, aside for the health benefits, traditionally the moringa leaf also has a mystical value. My mom told me it's often used by the traditional healers in the Western Java to cure people who has spiritual problem. Wow. I never thought behind the modern and classy packaging by The Body Shop, moringa plant is also used for something spiritual like this in some traditional societies

This is a clear picture of what moringa plants look like in nature, both the leaves and flowers (image from Wikipedia)

No comments:

Post a Comment