Sunday 28 October 2012

White Musk Libertine review


The Body Shop has always been generous to me! (I think it's an advantage of being an active member, hehehe) This is the third perfume sample I recently got, as a bonus when I bought some items there recently (but I just want to review this perfume). Let's take a look inside:


Unlike Dreams Unlimited and Love etc... samples which come in ordinary tiny test tube (where you only open the cap, and dab an amount on your fingertip) this one is a spray perfume:

You can see there's something like a straw and spring on it, it's actually for spraying. It's much easier to apply, as you just spray it on your skin! :)


I've seen the full bottle version of the perfume, for real (as printed on the picture above), and I think the design is quite classy and cute. Also, the packaging -- the fading colour from white to baby pink makes it looks pretty, very attractive, particularly to young women. It's like, when I see at the Body Shop store the perfume bottles itself whispering: "buy me, try me," -- haha, it sounds seductive!

And yes, I've tried wearing this perfume, and seductive is the very first thing I must say about the smell. Traditionally, a musk perfume is made from a substance obtained from a gland of the male musk deer. The odour, was believed, has something that can attract the opposite sex in deers, and apparently, in humans too! While a modern musk perfume, is made from flowers (just like this one :), that has almost similar odour with the one from deers.That's why it's seductive ;)

The Body Shop describes it as, "Sensual, playful and feminine," -- I agree. I think the musks aroma dominating the overall smell, through the top, middle and base notes.

There are also notes of Chantilly cream (a type of whipped cream that you often find on cakes!)


and Turkish delight (sweetened starch and sugar, often used as main ingredients in sweets and candies):



and I can't help but thinking about cakes, because those notes sound delicious for a perfume fragrant, hahaha! But indeed, this is such a perfume that smells sweet and delightful (no wonder, The Body Shop says it's playful. Just think about children who love to play and eat sweet cakes and candies!). And to make it "sensual and feminine", there's also a floral note added: baby orchid.

This is something that you're perfect to wear to a party or whenever you attend something glamorous and lively, because the overall fragrant is strong and bold, and in my experience, it lasts long. However, in my own opinion... Despite the pretty peachy pink bottle and the 'delicious' notes , I think this perfume is not suitable for young girls (I mean teenagers, and I'm talking only about the perfume. There are also eau de toilette and body mist in lighter fragrant). The fragrant is too strong! Sometimes it also reminds me a kind of fragrant that old ladies like to wear, it smells something like... A vintage perfume that your grandmother likes to wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment